My previous posts

Loading...
0

My Hyper Modern Poetry!

Posted by Frozy on Friday, September 27, 2013
Crow cried on my black keyboard
Did not shit
Yellow lines
“Meow”

Revenue Capital and Expense
Frozy turned
Mysticism
Blinking tube lights

Pseudo Gods wore helmet to pub
Worms ate Chicken Manchurian
Argh!
Withdrawals
Deposits too

Maine pyar kiya
Mouse beckons
Another meow
Middle of the end
Amen!

This is my first attempt at modern poetry. I have come to the realization that modern poetry is more hip. You get to be the dude. Earlier I had written some run of the mill poems on love but they have become a cliché!

I know this is not the best poem. I see some minor scope for improvement here and there. Like ‘Argh’ could have been replaced by an ‘Ouch’, ‘Bah’ or ‘Grr’. But no problem, there is always a next time! I have not quite been able to capture the vivid colours in my mind, but nonetheless it’s a good start. You can expect more of these from me – The modern poetry dude!

Sigh! I hope till now I didn’t make much sense to anyone. If I did, I am so sorry to say that you need to visit a lunatic asylum ASAP! It didn’t make even one iota of difference to my understanding level (even though I wrote that horrifying set of lines which I called a poem)

I have often found myself at the receiving end of such poems from several people. Each time I will start thinking, this time I will crack it. I will roll up my shirt sleeves, beat my chests, howl and shake my monitor vigorously. Then spend the rest of the day staring blankly at the poem not able to make head or tail of it. After a tiring day of staring, I go home overwhelmed by the superior intelligence level of the poet and sulking at the fact that I can never do it that way. Sometime I have even wondered if people posted the poem upside down or something. Because once when my desperation was at its pits, I tried reading one modern poetry bottom-up!!! To my chagrin it did not help much but that was when I made some observations like - the second stanza actually comes after the fourth stanza. Creative geniuses! Who would have thought of such wonderful ways to express themselves? Another one was that all words do not necessarily have meanings (like *****. Come on guys, there is no such word!! Don’t fool me. I know you are pulling my leg. Or like people in Kerala naming their kids. I fear the day when a kid with a name ‘Kangaru’ walks by because his mom is KANGana and dad is ARUn!

Reading modern poetry is one thing. I will never understand it anyway. Hence there is no problem whatsoever. But reading an iLANDER’S modern poetry is a bigger problem. You got to comment on it. That’s a herculean task. I am telling you, this is the ONLY reason why my friend’s list is so small even after being here for a year. When I go through the poems, there will be expert comments from Savi, Dilip, Moe (fellow ilanders) and the likes. After reading them, I get all confused. Whatever I thought the poem was about, it eventually turns out that the poem had nothing to do with that. How can someone mean WWIII when he is actually writing about pigs? I had really thought it’s the family anthem of some pig sty and was about to say “You are a good master for the pigs. All piggies will be proud of you.” Moe’s comment about Hitler or something stopped me from committing that suicide.

With this improved IQ level I attacked ant r’s (ilander) poems… By then I developed this expert skill of creating comments from other comments. You read the comments, pick words from here and there and you are good to go. I went and diligently wrote comments on all those using MS word vocabulary and synonyms. And waited, holding my breath for her response. It was a “Duh!” she said my comments had nothing to do with anything that she ever wrote. So much for modern comments! Also she changed her interests to “Duh!” I am sure she meant only me when she wrote that :(

So iLanders listen to the voice. Make my life easier. Start writing something simple. Something I can understand. Something like

I looked at her. She looked at me.
We looked and liked each other
The more she looked, the more I looked
Oh! We looked and liked each other!

Ah! How beautiful! Why doesn’t anyone write like this anymore?

Frozen Sun

Frozy’s recipe for modern poetry: Take a handful of moonlight, mix it with Rum boiled at 30 degree, and add a 200 gram of Cuticura powder. Stand on your head and mix them thoroughly. Drink the potion in one gulp. Now whatever you write will be a modern poetry. Go ahead, try.

PS: This is not intended at any SINGLE individual who writes modern poetry. This is intended against ALL single (as well as committed) individuals who write modern poetry. So if someone feels that it’s after his or her poems, please, its not. There are others too. It’s a sheer coincidence that you are part of the mass mafia poet gang who torture me day and night.



|

0 Comments

Readers

Copyright © 2009 nonsense of humour All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek and FalconHive. Gadget by Blog Doctor.